Hello! If you want to floss regularly but are too tired at night, this post is for you. In our Black & Bass Cosmetic and Family Dentistry blog, we want to give you a few ideas for unique times to floss and keep your teeth and gums healthy.
1. If you’re an early riser, try flossing in the morning right after you brush.
2. Try just after lunch, but before you go back to work.
3. Before or after you exercise. Your dental health is just as important. Keep some floss in your gym bag and give your teeth and gums some attention along with the rest of your body.
4. During the nightly news or while watching Netflix.
5. While taking a bath. Any task is more enjoyable if it can be done while relaxing in a warm tub. Light some candles and play your favorite tunes for an at-home spa experience.
Flossing is important for anyone who wants to have a healthy smile. I hope this gives you some ideas to help you make flossing part of your daily routine. Just before bedtime, however, is still the best choice. Food particles left on teeth can turn into plaque while you sleep. The bacteria in plaque erodes enamel, creates cavities, and adversely affects gum tissue.
If you want to improve your smile, look into cosmetic dentistry procedures such as teeth whitening, invisible braces or porcelain veneers.
My name is Dr. Kevin Bass and Lawrence Black. My practice is located in Lansdale. Helping my dental patients establish good habits is important to me, as well as helping them achieve the smile they want with cosmetic dentistry procedures such as veneers, porcelain crowns, and complete smile makeovers.
We are currently accepting new patients, so give us a call at 215-368-1424 to make an appointment!