Gum Disease Treatment With Your Lansdale Dentists
It may surprise you that a large percentage of Americans have some form of periodontal disease. In its earlier stages, gum disease is often undetected. Once it progresses, periodontal disease can cause rather extensive damage, including tooth loss. That’s why we provide general dentistry treatments to the Montgomeryville, North Penn and surrounding communities.
Because our Lansdale team serving the Montgomeryville and North Penn area want to keep your smile healthy and happy your whole life long, we offer gum disease treatment to help you if you have periodontal disease. If you don’t have gum disease in any form, our restorative dentistry team will give you information on how to keep you from ever getting periodontal disease.
What are some of the symptoms of periodontal disease?
- Red, swollen or puffy gums can signal gum disease.
- Loose or shifting teeth can be an indication of periodontal disease.
- Gums that bleed during or after brushing could be evidence of gum disease.
- Bad breath not related to strongly aromatic foods could indicate a need for gum disease treatment.
- Receding gums may show you might need gum disease treatment.
How can you prevent periodontal disease?
Gum disease treatment is two part. The first part is prevention and you have a lot of control of that. And it’s pretty easy to do. Gum disease treatment prevention is what you’ve heard your whole life on preserving good dental health–brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day.
Other gum disease treatment preventative measures include:
- See your Lansdale dentist regularly. Every six months is the advised time period. During those check-ups, you will get your teeth cleaned and this will be helpful with gum disease treatment.
- Eat a healthy diet. Healthy foods, including not many sweets, can be an excellent gum disease preventative.
- Stop smoking. Smoking can increase your chances of periodontal disease.
- Reduce stress. When your body is stressed, it hinders your immune system.
If you think you may have periodontal disease and may need gum disease treatment, call our office serving the Montgomeryville, Lansdale and North Penn communities today! Our Lansdale dentists are eager to work with you and help you get a beautiful, healthy smile back!